Microsoft Volume Activation
Management Toolkit is a free tool to manage and apply Microsoft licenses over
the network. Administrators can use VAMT to remotely apply licenses to products
like Windows OS and Microsoft Office. Clients does not have to connect to
internet to activate, VAM tool machine act as a proxy on the activation
VAMT work with licenses such as KMS
and MAK. Also this can use to generate reports on varies licensing activities.
Latest version of the volume activation management tool is VAMT 3.1
Features of VAMT 3.1
- Activate Windows, Office, Viso, and Project
- Remotely activate systems using MAK and KMS keys
- Active directory based activation – clients
activated through active directory, only windows 8 & 2012 above supported.
- PowerShell support
- Proxy authentication – Clients does not require
internet to activate, VAMT will route the activation process by itself.
- License reporting are built into VAMT, this can be used to
identify which computers are not in compliance.
- Download ADK for windows 10
VAMT 3.1 comes with windows automated deployment toolkit. So
you have to download it for VAMT
- Run the ADK setup
- If required run the .NET framework
- Accept the agreement
- Select Volume activation
management tool and SQL express
- After successfully completed the
installation, run the VAMT
- You will be
promoted to select the SQL database which will be hosting the VAMT data. If your
environment is having a SQL database server you can select that one or use the
SQL express edition which can be installed from the ADK itself. For this
article I’m using the SQL Edition comes with the ADK. Or else you can use
following link to download the SQL Express 2012.
- Select Create New Database
- Give a database name and click
- It will create the database and
connect to it
Adding Product Keys
You need to insert product keys to VAMT before activating
products, keys such as Windows KMS, Windows MAK and Office keys can be imported.
- Open VAMT console and go to the product keys section
- Right click and select Add Product Keys..
- Enter the product key or keys and click Add Keys
Activate using VAMT
To activate, you have discover
the products and push the license key to them using VAMT. Products can be discovered
using Active directory, IP address or LDAP query. For this article I’m doing an
- Open VAMT console and go to the Windows product area
- Right click and select discover products
- Select the search method and click search.
- Select the required computer that you need to add the MAK
key, Right click on it and select Update License State