Day by day Microsoft Power BI getting the popularity of the business intelligent world as a data analytic tool with its interactive visualization capabilities. It can connect with multiple different systems, applications and data sources to transform the data into stunning visualization which you can visually explore and analyze data on-premises and in the cloud, all in a single view.
Using SCCM Power BI Template you can connect your SCCM Infrastructure with Power BI and enjoy its rich interactive visualization dashboard. From this post lets discuss how we implement the SCCM dashboard with Power BI.
Prerequisites - Download and install Power BI Desktop
Power BI Desktop is a free version which you can download while providing your live account details. You can use this to configure the SCCM Template, but its limit sharing capabilities. To share the dashboard with other people you need to buy the licenses.
Download and Install Power BI SCCM Template
- Navigate to the following URL to download the template
- Provide your Microsoft Identity and Download the template
- Install the downloaded template
Configuring the Template with SCCM Infrastructure
- After completing the installation configuration wizard will pop up. Click Next
- Next, provide the SCCM Admin credentials which is having the SQL Database access
- Provide the SCCM server FQDN and validate the access
- Select the SCCM Server Database from the drop-down box and click Next
- After the installation successfully completed, click the Download button to download the file.